Mold Inspection

If you suspect a mold problem in your home, it is best not to try to assess it yourself. Even if the problem seems small and you think you will be able to resolve it on your own. It is very difficult to know for certain unless you call for a professional mold test. Some basic guidelines to know when to contact us:

 

  • The mold covers a 3×3 foot area or larger
  • The mold is growing on wood or drywall
  • The mold appears to be black mold
  • You have a medical condition that may be exacerbated by exposure to mold
  • You or other property occupants have been having symptoms of mold exposure,
  • You suspect mold inside your walls or mold inside your subfloor
  • Your property has a distinct moldy smell

Different types of Mold and possible side effects!

The most common types of mold you may find indoors are:

 

  • Aspergillus: is an allergenic mold that is commonly found on foods and may infest home HVAC/air conditioning systems.
  • Cladosporium is a black or green mold that may grow on the backs of toilets, painted surfaces and fiberglass air ducts. It is usually non-toxic but can trigger allergy symptoms such as red and watery eyes, rashes and throat irritation.
  • stachybotrys atra is a black mold that thrives on natural materials such as building materials like ceiling tile, drywall, paper vapor barriers, wallpaper, insulation backing, cardboard boxes, and paper files. Stachybotrys survives a wide variation in temperature and grows most proficiently in temperatures that humans consider warm to moderately hot.Stachybotrys exposure is linked to allergic reactions.

People in buildings with active Stachybotrys growth generally experience symptoms that include irritation and watering of the eyes and nose. It is also linked to suppression of the immune system and causing people to become more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections such as the flu. Coughing and skin irritation are also allergic reactions commonly associated with Stachybotrys exposure.

Orange or red mold is typically found outdoors and thrives on moist and decaying wood. It may appear slimy and is an eyesore.White mold is not technically considered mold, but may be an indication that a mold problem is in the early stages of growth and may be easily treated.